Friday, March 02, 2007

Working

Despite no blog here for a month, I am working. It's just that I'm confused over the reading I'm doing and cannot put it into words. I think that I'll have to do the same as winsome words and write something about every paper every day for a month. I'm drawing maps and influence diagrams of writers and who cites others but it doesn't seem to be moving me on very far. I have to discuss my outline literature review with my supervisors on Tuesday, and have the draft ready in about four weeks. That's getting scary. I have found books and research papers on accountability and on consultancy, but the nearest overlap is through advisory reports from the National Audit Office.

So here's an alternative in the hopes of spring:

I meant to Do My Work Today

I meant to do my work today -
But a brown bird sang in the apple tree.
And a butterfly flitted across the field.
And all the leaves were calling me.

And the wind went sighing over the land
Tossing the grasses to and fro.
And a rainbow held out its shining hand -
So what could I do but laugh and go?
Richard LeGallienne

No comments: