Thursday, August 09, 2007

Last supervision meeting

Having spent an intense hour discussing my draft dissertation with my supervisors. As always, they've read my ramblings and courteously and logically point out the errors and lacunas of my writings. But this is the last formal submission so is the last time they get to comment on my work and my last chance for advice. I've got six weeks to ruin it by myself. It has to be handed in 10th September. The supervisors don't mark it, but some third party who knows nothing about it.

However, S#1 volunteered to take a look at it when he gets back from holiday, and has even arranged to meet to discuss it, just one week before it is due in. :) S#2 might have time to comment on an electronic copy, but is back from a longer holiday even later than S#1.

I've allowed husband to book us a trip away after submitting the dissertation, but then today they started talking about the viva. Viva! When? Talk to people about it? Oh dear, not another interview. But it's only with two people not a whole board of them and I suppose I might manage.

No comments: