Monday, April 30, 2007

B852 ECA

Submitted in time! (ECA=Examinable Component of Assessment)

Now it's gone in - the most I've written for 14 years and I'm quite pleased, not only because of the quantity (6000 words) but I think I've written a coherent argument for the research that I'm suggested.

Having said that, I'm not now sure that I can remember what I wrote! :( For instance, I reviewed Gable's research on success factors when engaging consultants, but cannot think of much wrong with it as a piece of quantitative research. Then, I suggested qualitative research using Forster's suggestion of a hermeneutic approach using documents together with interviews, yet now I wonder what research question I was proposing. And I spent so looong choosing a paper to critique. The part-time students get told a paper, but choosing one is a learning process in itself.

Finding sophisticated research questions is what I'm now supposed to be doing for the first tutor marked assignment (TMA) of the dissertation, the literature review, which is due 1st May. Any and all research questions are eluding me.

No comments: