Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Accountability for the apple

I can imagine a scene in Paradise, the walled garden surrounding the apple tree, the core lying on the grass, the serpent slipping away, while Adam and Eve account to God for their decisions and actions.

"She did what the consultant told her."
"The consultant advised me to do it."

You see, an interaction exists between these components:
  • Paradise to be lost on accounting for the wrong actions,
  • the stakeholder eye of God watching the actions,
  • the two client managers and
  • the consultant.
It looks to me like a system, but that's because I went to John Martin's seminar on Emergence, and this idea struck me when he was describing gardens as systems like the one at Bagh-e-Shahzadeh at Mahann in southern Iran. The surprise is even when they exist in the middle of a desert,

No comments: