Thursday, May 17, 2007

Methodology

If that CEO lets me, then I'm going to do a single organisation case study. The intention is to get information from and about a number of client representatives (cos Schein identifies different kinds of clients) and find out how they express accountabilities (different kinds of accountabilities) for their use and management of consultants. I should be able to map accountabilities to the different client stakeholders. So the data should match the theories I've read from Schein, Werr, Sinclair, Bovens, etc.

Analysis may be discourse analysis from interviews (takes ages to transcribe :() and stakeholder analysis and soft systems analysis (Checkland).

You see, that's my summary of my research proposal, which is supposed to be thousands of words and I'm assuming all the bits that I have not written. What else must I write about? Ethics - I'm stuck again. Access - okay. I have to write about the limitations of the research and why it's a good idea to do it this way - i.e. justify my approach, which I suppose also includes discussion of validity, generalisability ( a bit difficult with case studies).

No comments: