Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Research progress

We are moving on from literature review to collecting data and some of us are having problems.

My Neighbouring Student emailed:

"I feel as if I am going around in circles with the research proposal. There are a number of ways I could do the research and I am struggling to explain why my prefered route is best."

Student from Hampshire is balancing home, health and study, about to take the family on a holiday, followed by an operation, but she hasn't yet collected data and has no participants to observe.
" Pressures of trying to get everything done before going away really - just not enough hours in the day and need to prioritise."

NS also has a family with a son that was off school yesterday so she had to stay home but has managed to get in for today's doctoral workshops conference presentations.

And I'm dead chuffed that I've had an encouraging email from a CEO whose organisation I'm hoping to use as my unit of study.

No comments: