Monday, May 21, 2007

Cross

Well today I'm more cross than glum. I read marker's comments on last TMA, then looked at the breakdown, but it is odd because the individual scores add up to more than the given score. I scrape on to the PhD, depending on interview and competition. I look between the lines, knowing tutors mark to encourage or to discourage. A tutor should have checked the overall mark was indeed right for this TMA for this student. If it was, then he should have adjusted the individual marks, so the message came across clearly; if it wasn't he should have gone back and re-added them.

I spent yesterday evening looking at a couple of web sites, at universities that research the web, business and governance. I'm too late to apply now; e.g.The Oxford Internet Institute applications had to be in by 18 May but as some of our PGs came in January, it may be possible to get somewhere else in the new year, like De Montefort or Brunel, both of which research areas that interest me.

So now I've gone from very, very glum, to being cross, and then being sulky. Yes, I've learned loads, and at least I won't have to go through that part of the process again, if anywhere will take me with my inability to explain, justify, consider, discuss or write clearly. And I did enjoy writing that TMA. :(

No comments: