Monday, July 23, 2007

Writing the draft dissertation

The draft dissertation is due 1st August. I have heaps of issues to discuss in it:

  • the scapegoating or buck-passing that Harmon mentions, in a public environment where risk taking is avoided, and perhaps I have an example that manifests the avoidance or the fear of blame. I must look for alternative interpretations of the data.
  • reflect on limitations, what I would do differently and what I would do if I had more time
  • write on the unit of analysis for this project as sets of relationships around any one issue of accountability and multiple cases of relationships - I'm not sure what I'm trying to say here.
  • the psychological contract might be another perspective to emphasis
  • the principal-agent relationship is informal between the parties
  • reflect on the difficulties of anonymising in a single case study
  • debate the term transparency - what did it mean to those participants who used it, but I didn't follow up.
  • delimitation on the consulting project - when was the work completed (Werr, 2002:63)

No comments: